AmigaActive (1213/2143)

From:Robbin Van Ooy
Date:16 May 2000 at 12:48:21
Subject:Re: Validation Problems

At 16-May-00, alansheriff@ukonline.co.uk said something about
[amigactive] Validation Problems, resulting in this reply.

>I`ve tried using quarterback to sort it but apparently the volume has
>no `valid volume bitmap` & then before it finishes checking the drive
>quarterback crashes.
>Any ideas what I can do about it, that doesn`t involve reformatting a 2
>gig partition?

Several things, I recognise this problem. Try using Abtools instead of
QBtools, try booting from WB disk, then running ABtools, try using
disksalv, or even try using QBtools a few times.

If all fails, hook up the drive as slave unit on another amiga (or insert
another drive as master device in yours) and try qbtools again.

[RvO^MxM AmigaBVPPC603e175+040 amiga@multiweb.nl ICQ:42148447]
--> The PPC support site: http://www.multiweb.nl/~amiga <----